If you are human, leave this field blank.
Your name: *
Your Email Address * Introduction
Think about the next three months, from now until the end of 2017. Using your relationship with Jesus today as your baseline and following the promptings of God’s Spirit and His Word, consider ways to intentionally take your next step in your relationship with Him. Work prayerfully and methodically through the questions below, based upon Grace Point’s definition of what it means to be a disciple (A disciple is becoming a fully obedient multiplier following Jesus).
Before you begin, allow ample time (at least an hour) for personal reflection and to hear from God, then work on your “Next Action Steps” in the Intentional Discipleship Plan (IDP).
Reflection Date (Today)
Schedule a time for assessment three months from today and add it to your calendar. At that point, you will evaluate how well you carried out your Action Steps. Remember, this is your intentional plan, so own it. The questions in each section serve as starters for your time of reflection (you don’t have to write answers for each one, but you may if you wish). One question may lead to other questions in your heart, so follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit as you develop your personal discipleship plan.
Assessment Date (3 months from today) "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." – John 10:27 1. Becoming...
• What area of my life needs most to be transformed by God? (Romans 12:1-2)
• What must change for Christ to be clearly seen in me? (Ezekiel 36:26) • Where am I experiencing “spiritual traction” toward becoming like Jesus? • Where am I stuck or in a rut spiritually (e.g. prayer, Bible study, generosity, multiplying)?
MY ACTION STEP toward "Becoming" – To be completed by:
(Write your action step here) 2. ...a fully obedient...
• Is there an area of my life in which I am living in open, blatant, unrepentant sin toward God?
(Psalm 51:10; 1 John 1:9) • With whom am I living well in biblical community and doing “one another” relationships? (James 5:16; Hebrews 10:24-25) • How consistent am I in giving to my church through budgeted generosity? (2 Corinthians 9:7) • What is the last thing God directed me to do through obedient faith that I have not yet done? (Hebrews 11:6)
MY ACTION STEP toward being "fully obedient" – To be completed by:
(Write your action step here) 3. ...multiplier...
• Am I “living well” with others? (Do I have fractured relationships in which I should pursue
healing?) (Romans 14:19) • How will I disciple the next generation (family, via GPC ministries, etc.)? (2 Timothy 2:2) • Among people where I live, work, learn, and play, who am I praying will become a disciple of Jesus? (Acts 1:8) • How will I participate in disciple-making among the nations? (Matthew 28:19-20)
MY ACTION STEP toward being a "multiplier" – To be completed by:
(Write your action step here) 4. ...following Jesus.
• What would those closest to me say is compromising my ability and my availability to follow Jesus?
• When, where, and how will I read God’s Word (the Bible) to hear his voice? (John 10:27) • What will prayer look like in my daily life? Where, when, and how is God leading me to pray? (Luke 11:1) • What will I do to establish and foster a lifestyle of worshipping Jesus? (Psalm 32:1) • What is my highest priority today? What needs to shift so that I may follow Jesus more fully? (Matthew 4:18-22)
MY ACTION STEP toward "following Jesus" – To be completed by:
(Write your action step here) Submit